Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Joe Murphy Photography Bio

I am freelance photographer specializing in sports action, portraiture, events, and currently the team photographer for the Memphis Grizzlies of the National Basketball Association (NBA). I photograph all Memphis home games, off-court team functions and events, player, staff and dance team portraits and sponsorship photo shoots. I often travels to other NBA cities to shoot regular season games and NBA events including All-Star Weekend and the NBA Finals. My job also takes me to different parts of the world such as Brazil, Mexico and Europe covering the NBA’s presence around the globe. My images for the NBA can be found in such magazines as Sports Illustrated and ESPN the Magazine as well as on posters, trading cards, and advertisements. I'm is also the official photographer for the FedexForum where I cover all concerts and events held at the venue.

I graduated from Widener University (Chester, PA) in 1992 with a B.A. in Media Studies (concentration in public relations and advertising). Initially, photography was a hobby, but after landing a job with NBA Entertainment, my hobby soon became a passion.

check out my website for the rest of my bio

No comments: